Thursday, August 29, 2013

Look Up

“Before we invented civilization our ancestors lived mainly in the open out under the sky. Before we devised artificial lights and atmospheric pollution and modern forms of nocturnal entertainment we watched the stars. There were practical calendar reasons of course but there was more to it than that. Even today the most jaded city dweller can be unexpectedly moved upon encountering a clear night sky studded with thousands of twinkling stars. When it happens to me after all these years it still takes my breath away.”  - Carl Sagan 


Looking up at the night sky always takes my breath away, it reminds me of how really small and insignificant
I am, but it also reminds me that we live in a miraculous place.......and we should be grateful.
Sometime this weekend, go outside, look up at the night sky and be awestruck.  

1 comment:

  1. I spent some time staring at the sky on the beach yesterday. It soothed my spirits. It was very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete