Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Dream Comes True

A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.

I know for me personally that is a truth.  Music and art have been a part of me my whole life, and honestly there have been times that I have tried to leave them, to walk away.......it was impossible.
Today, we completed the vocals on our cd, still a ways to go.......it has been a long time coming.
I have no expectations of this cd, only that I knew in my heart it had to be made, it had to be born.
Tonight, I am extremely tired, it is hard to sing the same line or phrase several times......you live for those moments when you can do it in one take.  There is such a sweetness, a true peace  in knowing
that the fruits of our labor, the flowers of our very souls are about to blossom.  My heart is filled with gratitude tonight for my path, for friends and family who have said all along you can do this, we want you to do this.  Just a little longer......a dream comes true.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, indeed. Dreams DO come true. Good luck with your CD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're proving Walt Disney to be right when he said "All our dreams can come true... if we have the courage to pursue them." You certainly have that courage, accomplishing all you do even with the trials you go through. Thanks for being the inspiration that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on that CD would love to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Jilda. I can't wait to hear it!
    I love that quote by Abraham Maslow. It rings true to me. I can't walk away from what I love doing either. It is part of who I am.
    Wonderful post my friend.

    ReplyDelete