Thursday, January 13, 2011

Miracles

I believe that every day is a miracle. Everyone I know has experienced a miracle in their lives whether they acknowledge it or not. Albert Einstein said, "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
I have believed in miracles my whole life. Some days, just getting out of bed is a miracle. I think when we begin to acknowledge the every day miracles in our lives, we experience change.

Most of us are walking around thinking that their only miracle would be, if they won the lottery or got the job of their dreams, or met the "one". We fail to see the miracle of dealing with unbearable pain or loss. We fail to notice the miracle of good health every day, or the miracle of people around us who love us.

For many years I have read about A Course In Miracles, this year I have decided to order the course and began the journey. It is 1188 pages, three volumes, daily meditation and a workbook exercise, quite daunting when looked at as a whole, but I think doable. This year more than ever I want to live my life as though everything is a miracle. I want my perception of the events that take place in my life to be one of daily miracles.

Growing up in a fundamentalist church, miracles were taught as the biggies.......you know, instant healing of horrible disease, the loaves and the fishes, water into wine. But even as a child, I had a feeling in my heart that miracles were so much more than that. A miracle for me.......my two year old great nephew, Jordan walks into my house, his eyes aglow with love and joy at seeing me........ a snow that has lasted and sparkled like millions of diamonds on the ground in Alabama since Sunday..........friendships, the kind that you can go for months, years without seeing each other, and the love is always there.......the fact that one hundred year old oaks grew from tiny acorns........the rain falls, the sun sets, the stars shine, and the sun comes back up the next day.

Tonight my wish for all of you........miracles, big ones, little ones, great ones, insignificant ones,
may you experience a miracle every day.

1 comment: