Thursday, November 11, 2010

This Land

One of my favorite songs of all time is, This Land Is Your Land. Today is Veteran's Day, and I think This Land Is Your Land is the perfect song for today. Our country in the scheme of things is just a baby, and it seems there has been much blood shed for this land........lives have been given and taken since the conception of this country.

There were members of my mother's family who fought in the Revolutionary War, my dad fought in World War Two, my husband Rick served in the Army and I have many friends who have been in the service through the years and many who are still serving their country. I think about those tonight who have fought, who were wounded and who have died.......that is a lot to ask of young men and women. They leave their families, their loved ones, their country, never knowing if they are coming back. But they do so, because they love This Land.

Saying thank you, seems so trite, but thanks seems the only word that is appropriate. So tonight, thanks to all you, because of your sacrifices, your love and your honor, I get to sing
This Land Is Your Land. You are all always in my heart. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment