Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Gardening

I sketched the diagrams for the garden today.  We do a combination of gardening, raised beds, containers and then an actual garden site as well.  The container gardens and raised beds are thriving.
We do those earlier.  The garden site will have sunflowers, zinnias, wild daisies, peppers, squash and beans.  The beds contain tomatoes, marigolds and beets.  The containers contain various herbs, potatoes, cucumbers, squash, lettuce, radishes, carrots.  We also have a small strawberry patch.
The blueberry bushes are full of big fat green berries and the blackberry brambles have the most blooms I have ever seen.  I hope our harvests are as plentiful as they appear to be at present.

It has been very chilly since all the storms came through on Sunday.  We had frost last night  and it looks as though again tonight.  Thank goodness there is not a hard freeze in the forecast.

I hope your day has been a good one.  Stay well, wash your hands and be kind.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, we had snow overnight. Just when I thought Spring had a chance it snowed in April. How nice you can be planting. It all sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the deluge of rain has given you a good yield for your fruits and berries. That is something to be thankful for.The deers have chewed some branches of my blueberry bushes. I don't know if I'll get any berries this year.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete