Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Together

Occasionally I get to meet family members of some of my students.  I am honored when a student brings someone they love to  meet me.  Today one of my students brought his spouse to meet me.
She was thrilled he was doing yoga.  Hopefully when he leaves it will be something that they can do together and will build their relationship.

In my community class on Monday nights there are couples who come.  I love that.  I truly think coming to yoga or participating in a class or activity of any kind helps strengthen a relationship.
It is easy to get caught up in our jobs and personal hobbies and let relationships slide.  Doing something together creates a bond of caring and trust.

I posted a quote from John Steinbeck today.  I loved it, because our theme for classes this week has been "journey'. 

"A journey is like marriage.   The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it."  - John Steinbeck

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree, a couple who does somethings together strengthens a relationship.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete