Saturday, February 16, 2019

Today

I was still dragging when I got up this morning.  Breakfast and a hot shower helped, but what was truly miraculous was the hour long nap that Taz and I took under our cozy feather blanket.  Yesterday was like being on stage for almost 8 hours.  My throat hurt,  and every part of me was drained.
It takes a lot of adrenalin to teach or perform and after the rush comes the crash.

Today was cloudy and a very cold forty degrees.  It is warming up tomorrow to rain.  The last prediction I saw was for seven inches of rain this week.  We will need boats.  The ground squished today as we walked the dogs.

But spring is coming.  You can see the transformation all around us.  The trees have tiny tips of color on their branches, early flowers and shrubs are blooming.  Rick planted our new pear tree today and started our seeds in their small cups of soil.  Our lemon tree is full of buds and should be blooming by week's end.  I love that smell.  Last year, every time you opened our front door you could smell the lemon blossoms.

May your Sunday be filled with peace and kindness.  This picture is from last year, but she is full of buds and they will open any day.  She is always quite the beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, 7 inches of rain is a lot of rain. A boat would be a great help. I hope we get spared a devastating flood again this spring.
    That flower is well worth waiting for.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much rain can be not so good, we all need rain just not too much rain

    ReplyDelete