Saturday, January 5, 2019

Ode to Friends

Blue skies today, incredible blue skies...Rick did his happy dance.  We spent time outside with the dogs and just enjoyed being alive.   This evening we met our friends, Danny and Jo for dinner and talked and laughed ourselves silly.

Days like today feed your soul, they caress your spirit and remind you that life and its simple pleasures is what we live for.  I love spending time with friends.  I adore our families, but friends are just gifts.  Some of them come for moments, some for years and some are there as long as you live.
I appreciate all of them and what each one has brought to my table, good and bad.

There is something grounding about spending time with friends at the beginning of the new year.
For me, it reminds me of what is truly important and what I need to survive.
It is interesting that this blog world has opened up a new way to enjoy friendships.  I don't know if I will ever get to meet you all, but through this way of communication friendships have been formed.
I suppose some would call these friendships, new age tech friends.

So tonight, I am appreciating friends, new, old, and in-between.  I am grateful for your presence.
May this New Year, strengthen the ties that bind us.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams 

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your posts Jilda - you share truth wrapped in kindness.
    Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the sun finally came out. Friends are really special gifts. Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete