Friday, January 18, 2019

In Sickness and Health

I saw the acupuncturist today.  I am so pleased with the results so far.  Today he heard me coughing and I fessed up about the gunk I have had for over a week, plus shared with him my lung history.
He took a few moments to scold me and then said let me help you.  He did.  Breathing has been so much easier this evening, not sure why I had not shared this with him.

Last weekend we went to Muscle Shoals to celebrate Rick's birthday.  We stayed at one of our favorite hotels on the river.  But honestly, it was not the celebration he had anticipated.  I was sick all weekend and the rain came down in buckets.  We had a great meal and spent some time listening to music but we both knew it would not go down as one of his best birthdays. On the way home on Sunday, we laughed about that "in sickness and health" phrase.

Tonight we went to one of our favorite places to eat in Jasper.  It has been written up in many food columns, even national ones.  The food was off the charts.  He had Scottish salmon and I had seafood carbonara ( lobster and shrimp and scallops)  Wow.  I think this weekend made up for last.

He works tomorrow and I will for a while as well.  That's ok.  Rain is moving in again and cold cold air.  I hope for snow and not ice.

Stay warm, dry and be kind.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the acupuncturist can help you breath better. The energy needs to flow to heal your lungs.

    Having this satisfying meal at a good restaurant makes up for the short birthday getaway.

    There's a strong low pressure system moving in so we are bracing for a major storm. The advisory is for heavy snowfall, heavy rainfall, prolonged period of freezing rain, ice pellets, and potential for blizzard condition in some places on Sunday.
    Lots of potential for power outage.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That meal sounds fabulous! I hope your get your snow..we're suppose to get 10-15 today and tomorrow. I'm with you though, I'll take snow over ice any day! Glad you're feeling better and hopefully now that your acupuncturist has the whole picture he can continue to keep you that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often thought of seeing an acupuncturist but have never done so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a week of rain and it was good. It filled up reservoirs and put snow on the mtns.

    Felt good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete