Monday, January 7, 2019

Celebrate

I something on FB this weekend about exercise, I didn't save it and am so sorry I didn't.
But the gist of it was this...Exercise to celebrate what your body can do, not to punish yourself for what you ate.

I told this to my classes today.  We all want to start the new year losing weight, or getting in better shape, etc.  But what we need is to think about health, what will make us healthier, what will make us feel better. 

At the start of a New Year, we join gyms, we buy equipment, we start diets, but many of us fail.  We attempt too much, get discouraged and quit.  Health is one day at a time.  Start small, drink more water,  eat  more fruits and veggies, breathe, walk five or ten minutes...then in a couple of weeks, add some weight bearing exercise, add ten minutes to your walk, do some yoga, meditate.  Before you know it, in a few weeks your body starts to change, you feel better.  One day at a time.

So this year, strive to be healthier, to feel better and celebrate what your body can do.

2 comments:

  1. Setting goals is important. I like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's strange that we keep doing what doesn't work. I blame it on that darn subs-conscience that messes up my plans, lol... One day at a time seems to be a good idea. That's how we get out of shape, one day at a time and it works.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete