Monday, January 2, 2017

Rain and Snow

As I drove to work today I was thrilled to see that some of the lakes and ponds I pass by on my way are finally beginning to fill with water again.  None of them are where they were a year ago, but most have water tables which have risen in the past few weeks.  Today has been a rainy day, you know one of those kind where the drops fall all day and the ground is squishy.  We haven't had one of those in many months.  I am grateful for these last few days of rain.

Classes were full today.  Lots of tension and stress in the air.  A new year at an addiction center is always stressful, things will settle down soon.

It has been a long day.  Jordan spent the day with us and we had so much fun...but then I had to leave for work.  He and Rick continued to have fun even after I left.  Can you believe that?

Rumors of the s word keep popping up in the local weather.  My fingers, toes and and knees are crossed...yes, I do want snow!  Maybe by the weekend Jordan and I will be making snow pies.

I hope your new week in this new month and year got off to a great start.  Give some hugs, spread some kindness and joy.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

2 comments:

  1. We have snow, a lone snowman made late at night by DGS when the snow was fresh and the big shrubs are bowed to the ground under the weight of the frozen snow.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lots of snow here that I could spare to share with you. It was warm yesterday but colder this morning and all the trees are frosted. Very pretty.
    Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete