Saturday, January 21, 2017

Out of the House

Today was the first time I had ventured out of the house since seeing the doc on Monday.  I needed to feed my body fresh veggies so we went to our local produce stand.  I love visiting there.  It is family owned, second generation and they care about their customers and the produce they sell.

One of their young daughters, who is maybe six was outside in her rain boots playing.  She waved and I told her how much I loved her boots.  She immediately replied, " and how are you today?"
It is interesting to see their kids interact with all the customers.  Their son, who is maybe 11 or 12 can pick out the ripest sweetest melons ever.  When I walk through the door, he always offers me a sample of his favorite fruit of the day.

It was nice to finally get out of the house.  I admit I did have to take a nap once we came home.
We had storms move through this morning.  The sun and blue skies beamed this afternoon.
More storms to come later tonight and tomorrow.  Fingers are crossed that more seasonable weather will soon find its way to Alabama.

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a rough time this week. I hope you'll be all better this coming week.

    it's nice seeing the family take interest in the customers. A rare thing now a days.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you felt well enough to get out for awhile, and going to a local vegetable stand sounds just right. Keep getting well. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun outing and a nap under a cozy blanket sounds like a perfect afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing the bad storms on the weather channel the first thing Jack asked me was "Do you think Rick and Jilda are OK?" I'm glad to see that you're feeling better and the weather is OK! I'd love a fresh veggie place like that! How fun to have a family run business and it sounds like the kids will be good owners one day too!

    ReplyDelete