Thursday, January 19, 2017

Peace

One of the books that I have been reading this week is "Several Short Sentences About Writing."
Verlyn Klinkenborg is the author.  It is such a different perspective on writing.  Reading this book has been a delight this week and it has turned some of my thoughts about writing upside down.

Since couch time was mandatory, I have not felt the least bit of guilt about lying on the couch reading.  Today was a perfect couch/reading day.  Pouring rain, grey skies and hot tea and a good book ( well a couple, plus newspapers and magazines) has made this flu bearable.  I won't say enjoyable, but tolerable.

Tomorrow is Friday, the end and the beginning of so much.  Hopes that the needs of many will be met, and the greed and the hate will pushed back into the bowels of hell.  May the light of love take away the darkness.  May common ground be plentiful and may we all remember we are the human race.

Peace.

3 comments:

  1. Good thoughts, Jilda! And thanks for the book suggestion. I'll have to look for a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better by now and ditto on your hopes. We really are the human race, arn't we!
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you thought process here Jilda, let's push back against hate and truly remember we really are all a part of the human race. I hope you are feeling better and yes, well all need those days to relax on the coach and just read xox

    ReplyDelete