Thursday, August 13, 2015

Let It Go

Classes were packed today.  As always for some it is mandatory, others come because they are curious and the rest because they want to.  It doesn't matter to me how many or how few because I believe those who need to be there will be there.

New students today, and others leaving, that hello/goodbye that I have become all too familiar with these past ten years.  An emotional day, it seems I am always saying a prayer for one of my students.  You see,  I have faith in them, I see their goodness and their potential for greatness even when they don't.

Addiction is no respecter of persons, it preys on the wealthy, the poor, the educated...it can claim anyone you know or love. It rakes through lives like a hurricane, leaving in its wake destruction, sadness, and sometimes death.  It takes brilliant minds, beautiful souls and walks on them as though they were nothing.

I am not sure if I have helped anyone or not these past ten years, I think I have.  I have a box full of notes, cards and letters, they say I have.  After my students leave the program, I rarely if ever hear from any of them, but I hope...I pray...and I believe that many go on to live the life they were born to live.  But this I do know, every day I send them love, every day I send them prayers.  Their choices will take them down the road they choose and they will live or die by their choice.

I promise, I will be in a better place tomorrow.  Some days, it is hard to let it all go.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. Addictions have been a problem in my extended family and i have known many others with problems. It is sad to see someone in a situation that has gone beyond their control. Help from a wonderful person like you goes such a long way.

    ReplyDelete