Friday, October 25, 2013

Jammed Calendars

I think that I am experiencing calendar-too-full-citis......I realized today, every weekend in October was jammed, and so is November's.......now I know why I am so fatigued.  It seems in life there is always feast or famine........where is the middle and how do we achieve it?  I pride myself in my calendar organizational skills (time management) yet I still end up overbooked like most everyone else.  Rick complains because I multi-task way too often.......yet I think that most of us have to multi-task to survive some days.  I can't imagine my life without yoga, breath work and meditation.......thanks to my lifestyle, most days I feel centered and grounded and able to deal with it all one breath at a time.
 But once in a blue moon, (like today) I too feel overwhelmed.  A good friend asked me this morning how I handled life when I got down........I laughed and told her just like every one else.......sometimes I cry, I whine, I complain.......and then I have to remind myself, it could be worse.  It could be worse and this too shall pass......my mantras now.  Worse than a jammed calendar?  an empty one......and there are those times, when it is empty......that's when the, this too shall pass, goes through my head.

I hear the dogs barking, it is a very cold night......I figure the deer and other creatures are roaming around, looking for food and a warm place to bed down.  It is a good night for all creatures, big and small to seek
the basics, food, shelter, warmth.  I need a good night's sleep, some time to think about the  jammed calendar and carve out some me time.  Rick fished today, that is his me time.......I can't remember my last me time.....that goes on the calendar tomorrow.  Maybe we should all pencil in some me time on tomorrow's calendar.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams


No comments:

Post a Comment