Saturday, February 23, 2013

Back to School, Almost

I signed up for an online class today.  This is a first for me, I have never taken an online class.
It is not for credit, though I will be given a certificate of completion at the end of six weeks.
Of all things, it is a course on songwriting, but it is taught by one of my heroes Pat Pattison.
I had the pleasure of meeting him and attending one of his workshops a few years ago in LA.
I kept thinking then, I would love to have him as a professor!  Class starts next Friday.

If you are interested in this class or hundreds of others that are free, check out Coursea.
Free classes, from major universities, and no limit to the classes that you can take.
This is the beauty of technology, the ability for someone from Empire Al. to take a class taught by someone at Berkeley.  I love it!

I have always loved learning, I like going to class.  There is something extremely satisfying about learning, improving yourself and what you do.  Every year I take some sort of yoga teacher training.....next on my list......French and a water color class.  Checking with the art museum and art alliance this week.

So excited about all the new songs I will be writing!
Wishing you all a happy Saturday night, a restful, peaceful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment