Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An Echo

"Life is an echo, what you send out comes back."

Someone shared that quote with me on Face Book.......it made perfect sense to me to receive it this morning.  It reinforces the sentiment that I share often,  "you get what you think about whether you want it or not."

There are probably many who do not think their thoughts, words or actions touch that many......but when you think of the number of people you have daily contact with.....from the mailman to the person at the service station, to the people you work with,  your family, your friends and strangers that you see on the street......our smile or our frown can make or break someone's day.  Our smile or our frown can come back to us in many different ways..........treat a salesperson shabby and the next time you go through her line, it may move very slow.

I worked many years for a clothing rep/manufacturer........we had customers who were an absolute delight and those who came in and treated we employees like indentured servants. Our boss was a kind and generous man, when ever anyone was mistreated he went the extra mile for us.  I believe  he was so successful because of how he treated his customers as well as his employees, and his fairness to all.

I think those echos we send out,big and small, to humans and all living things come back in ways that surprise us.  I stopped by the local produce stand this evening, the young man whose family owns the business stopped me as I was leaving and handed me a gift.......it was from his mom and it brought
tears to my eyes......when my mother was living, his mom always sent her gifts.......his mother is not well now, but she is still sending out those gifts.  It reminded me that no matter what is going on in our own lives, to remember others.......her echo this evening was loud and clear......her kindness will never be forgotten.

Don't forget, that echo will always come back.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful post Jilda. The message is a good one for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this and do believe what we do echoes through eternity. People have done things for me that I have never forgotten. I hope I will do the same with my life.

    ReplyDelete