Wednesday, July 17, 2019

3 Treats

Today has been quite a day.  I had an acupuncture appointment, then Rick and I had eye doc appointments and we had the "Kid".   We decided to treat Jordan to all his favorite places in Birmingham today.

While I was at my acupuncture appointment, Rick and Jordan went to Starbucks for his first treat.
Nope he doesn't drink coffee, but he loves their birthday cake pops.  That was treat #1.

They picked me up at the acupuncturist and then on to the eye doc.  Jordan amused himself while we saw the doc by taking pictures of us with my phone and then adding strange and wacky add ons, like Rick with a bouffant hair do and me with Elton John sun glasses.  Of course by now we both have eye pupils the size of dimes and the appointment is over.

Now for treat #2, did I mention that the eye doc was at the mall?  For Jordan's second treat, we visit the LEGO store at the mall and he builds 3  mini characters.  By now it is past lunch time and the three of us are hungry.

Treat # 3 we take Jordan to his favorite Birmingham restaurant, Nikki's West.  It is an icon in the city, serving up the best meat and three ever, plus incredible Greek seafood.  On Wednesday one of the specialties is blackened tilapia, yep, Jordan's favorite.

By now we still are an hour from home, we are all exhausted and my eyes are still not normal.
I call work and take the afternoon off.  On the way home, Jordan makes up names for his 3 LEGO people and then continues with tales about their adventures.  The three of us laughed so hard our faces hurt.

You might say, we had a really good day.  Rick snapped the picture just as Jordan put food in his mouth.

1 comment: