Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Hydrate

Eye exams today, so lucky.  My vision has remained the same for the past 7 or 8 years.  Thankfully I am still wearing monovision, ( one contact).

My class today very moving, quite spiritual.  These days are rare, and I truly appreciate them.

We have a gig coming up this weekend, with three of our friends.  It's going to be hot, but fun.
We picked our first ripe tomatoes and peppers this week and yes, they are yummy.

If you are dealing with the heat and humidity like we are, please take care.  Hydration is of the utmost importance.  We carry water with us every where we go.  If you are outdoors and become overheated, use an icepack at the back of the neck and head and hydrate.  If you wait until you are thirsty, too late.  Start hydration before you start outdoor activity and try to avoid being out in the heat of the day.
Take as many short breaks as you can.  Because I do not sweat, I have dealt with heat exhaustion several times in the past few years.  Believe me, it can be debilitating.

Show some love tomorrow, spread some kindness...and remember, be kind to yourself as well as others.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like it's brutally hot where you live.
    The heavy rain has cooled things down here so I'm really happy that the humidity is gone for now.

    I feel sorry for those who work on hot asphalt all day. I can understand why they would love their cold beer after a grueling day at work.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good advice on the hydration. There have been many reports of people being hospitalized due to dehydration here with the extreme heat.

    ReplyDelete