Friday, July 20, 2018


We cancelled our show tonight.  We actually did it this morning.  When we got up, our friend Fred, who is also our sound guy had already sent us a message wanting to know if we were watching the weather forecasts.  All the local guys and the weather stations had said a strong possibility of nasty weather.  You know, hail, flooding, strong winds, tornadoes.  We contacted the owner of the business whose property the event is held on each month.  They had already experienced flooding from two other storms in the last few weeks.

We took a breath, contacted the three songwriters who were coming and asked if they could reschedule for August.  Everyone said yes.  We cancelled.  No storms yet, but in our hearts we both feel we made the right choice.  Many things shaped our decision...the distance the performers were traveling, the amount of time to set the stage and sound system up, the amount of time to tear it down,  the safety of all involved, the cost of all the equipment involved...way too many liabilities. Out door venues, even when the weather is perfect can be risky.

I am sure there were some who were disappointed, and felt that we erred on the side of being too cautious.  Our sound man has been at concerts where storms hit and people were hurt, we never want to expose anyone to undue risk.  My thoughts tonight.....the show will be even better in August and more people will come.  We did the right thing.


  1. It was a wise choice. Better safe than sorry.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

  2. No since in taking a risk when storms are predicted. Glad you cancelled too. Happy Saturday !

  3. Always follow your can change in a minute. I know your show will be just perfect in August!