Sunday, April 30, 2017

Dirt Lover

I love playing/writing music.  I love teaching yoga.  I love gardening (playing in the dirt).
Today Rick and I rehearsed for our May gig.  We are the opening act for someone from the East coast.  It's a big deal for us, so we are practicing like crazy.

Today we also went to gardening center and bought more plants.  We laughed all the home discussing how we need to get our habit under control.  We came home and both played in the dirt.  There have been recent studies that suggest there is bacteria in the soil that helps with depression.  What can I say, playing in the dirt makes me happy, maybe it will work for some of you too.

Rains and some storms have come through this afternoon.  The rain was so welcome.  The weather service has placed us in drought conditions again.  It seems even when it rains, the next day strong winds and breezes began to blow, the soil dries out and here we go.  Hoping with this system we have broken the pattern.

Today is the last day of April, 2017.  I blinked and four months of this year have disappeared.
It's so important to do what we love, spend time with those we love and spread some kindness. Time does have wings ( we wrote a song about it) and even if you are young the years fly by.

Start your week, start May with the sharing of love, the spreading of joy and the act of kindness. Play in some dirt!

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I love playing in the dirt but I must admit that I use gloves on my hands. Playing in the garden is so grounding.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun and dirt will keep you healthy.

    ReplyDelete