Sunday, February 19, 2017

It Starts With You

Spring is surely coming early to Alabama.  We walked with the dogs this morning and saw the signs all around us.  There is pollen in the air.  Tiny leaf buds on the trees and daffodils and forsythia have shone their golden colors against the blue skies.  The weather guys say upper 70's for most of the week.  I am still mourning that winter did not show his face this year.

Mondays seem to come so quickly these days.  But so do the ends of the months.  This is the last full week of February.  President's Day is tomorrow, Rick and I will both be working.  Jordan is so happy because there is no school.  I remember being on top of the world when we had a holiday and no school.

We watched the movie Morning Glory tonight.  Katherine Hepburn's first Oscar.  She was so young, and so incredible.  Those Hepburn women, Audrey and Katherine have been my heroes as long as I can remember.  I loved  their style, their moxie, and their humanity.

Wishing you a week of good things.  Share your smiles and spread some kindness.  Be the change you want to see in the world, it starts with you.

1 comment:

  1. I love old movies and this morning I was watching one of my favorite Betty Davis flicks, "Now, Voyager", while getting ready for Church. It's been warm here too and it makes me nervous because all the trees are starting to bud out and there's the chance for snow and cold anytime up here until the end of May. As much as I enjoyed this lovely weekend weather I still worry about the fruit trees getting hit after blooming. Not in my power so I guess I shouldn't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete