Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Wacky Chickens

The rains have come......pouring, pounding rain.....sheets of the wet stuff, along with mud and muck.
I walked by our back doors tonight, and on a whim decided to turn on the outside light to watch the rain.   There was one of our big red hens, sitting on our porch furniture in the rain looking pitiful.
It was as though she was waiting for us to discover her and take her back to the hen house.

Rick threw on his rain slicker, picked her up and carried her down to the hen house........it's always something.  This morning he didn't shut the door to the chicken pen/yard.....as I was getting ready for work, I looked out the bathroom window and saw Zeus and his hens parading across the back yard.
It took a while, but I got them all back in the chicken yard......those wacky chicks they just want their freedom.

My cup of hot lavender tea is waiting for me, time to go sip and listen to the rain.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. Chickens can be so exasperating. They are not as bad as turkeys but I suppose all fowl are just silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've thought about having chickens but when I see that big red fox sitting under the pine trees I'm glad we changed our minds! I actually had a chicken growing up in Chicago...her name was Hilda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you got them back in the pen and nothing got to them. Silly chickens... I had a little red chicken when I was young girl. I don't think I even gave her a name. She grew up and we had nowhere to keep her for the winter and in the fall she was won in a card game for someone's dinner which made me sad but that's how it was back then. We enjoyed having neighbours visiting and playing cards in the fall. Thanks for the memory.
    Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete