Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Butterfly Bush

I dead head our blooming shrubs and plants daily.  It can be tedious and taxing, but the pay off is great.  More blooms and a longer blooming season are the results of dead heading, as are healthier plants.   My butterfly bushes are a prime example, the blooms just keep coming.
Today is July 1, Happy Canada Day to our friends up north. 
For my American friends, especially those who live in areas like I do where the daily Covid 19 positives and deaths are rising, mask, distance, wash your hands.
Be kind, be well.

3 comments:

  1. Your blooms are so very pretty, definitely worth the work you put into the dead heading. Yes numbers are going up again. I just hope we don't get shut down a gain. Although I've been staying safe at home. I hate to see people out of work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blossoms are so pretty. I only planted Butterfly bush once from seeds. I had transplanted them by the big rock. A while later, I noticed that the Butterfly Bushes were no where to be seen. My son told me later, "Mom, I weeded your garden by the big rock" then I knew what happened to my Butterfly Bushes. lol. He thought they were weeds and he was doing me a favor.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete