Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Tree Hugger

A very busy hump day, it seems as if the more I tried to slow down the faster things came.
I am so ready for bed.

The picture that I am posting tonight is just a partial showing of the trunk/roots of a water oak in front of our house.  My dad planted it probably 30 years ago and it is a magnificent tree.
We have had so much rain that a great deal of its trunk is moss covered which adds to its beauty.
It holds a special place in my heart and I love that it is one of the first trees you see when you come into our driveway.  The other tree you see is also one planted by my dad. It
is a giant dogwood and right now it looks like a big fluffy cloud.   I admit, I am a tree hugger.

1 comment:

  1. I would rather see the branches in bloom. It must be so pretty but the moss adds character to the tree trunk.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete