Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sunday Thoughts

All the gifts are wrapped.  We go to my brother's house next door for breakfast in the morning.  8:00 am, but Sam has to see patients tomorrow,  I think her dad and brother have work to do as well.
But, we eat a hearty breakfast and hopefully they will all get home early tomorrow afternoon.

Rick and I will visit our older sisters tomorrow, leaving gifts for their families.  Christmas afternoon we will drop by and say hello to their kids and grandkids. 

I am finding that fatigue is a trigger with the meniere's  flares.  It is hard to find a balance in this holiday season, but we are working at it.  I teach acceptance of change daily, but I know from personal experience, it is very difficult, especially with health issues and aging.

I hope that regardless of how you celebrate the holidays, that you find time for peace and solitude.
 I hope there is a place where you can experience the gift of silence as well as the merriment and fellowship of family and friends.  Even the holidays require balance.

If you are traveling this week, safe travels, treat others as you wish to be treated and at some point look up, and see the beauty of the winter sky.  The moon has been a gift this week.

2 comments:

  1. We will celebrate Christmas at my daughter's place in town this year but I'll miss seeing the little grandkids' excitement when they open their gifts as they won't be here this Christmas but we will all be in each other's thoughts.

    Wishing you a Merry Christmas.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, aging does make a difference...I've found the balance and don't do as much as I used to. Slowing down is the trick to feeling better for me. I call it life in the slow lane. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete