Thursday, May 14, 2020

Garden Excitement

Our temps hit the mid-80's today, will be 90 by Sunday, then a cool front and rain.  Trying to keep up with our weather here is like being on a merry-go-round.

The blueberries are ripening more each day.  Rick helped me pick this afternoon.  I picked fresh basil last night to use in our pasta for dinner.  There are tiny peppers on the pepper plants and the tomato plants are blooming.  This is when gardening gets exciting.

I moved our Meyer lemon tree outside today.  It is loaded with small lemons.  She is so temperamental, I hold my breath each spring when I move her outside.  Last year she was full of lemons and once I moved her to the deck, all the lemons dropped off her branches.  Fingers are crossed that we have a crop this year.

Enjoy your Friday.  Wear your masks, stay well, be kind.

1 comment:

  1. I finally got to plant some flowers yesterday and that was exciting for me. It finally warmed up here with no chance of frost or freezing. That's exciting for me.

    ReplyDelete