Friday, November 29, 2019

Black Friday

A day of routine chores and even that took a great deal of effort, sometimes the energy level just drops and you have to deal with it.

The town where I grew up had their Christmas on Main Street tonight.  Jordan went with us, though he did lecture us on his beliefs that Thanksgiving is being ignored so that more money can be spent on Christmas.  I agree with him, but all in all we did have fun.  He saw many of his friends from school, ate cotton candy and then got a box full of chicken wings for the ride home. 

I heard someone say 25 days until Christmas today.  That means I best crawl out of bed tomorrow and start painting Christmas cards. 

If you shopped the Black Friday events near you, I hope you scored major deals.  If you are like me and avoided shopping today, I am sure there will still be plenty of goods left to purchase in the coming weeks.

Tomorrow we make turkey sandwiches made with waffles from left over stuffing, I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. I like chicken wings too. Turkey meat is the best for sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walffles made from leftover stuffing sounds wonderful. I'v never thought to do that before. thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did shop yesterday but not super early. We got a few things done. We're having our Christmas with the kids early this year since I'm on call Christmas day. Jack has to have surgery this Thursday and that makes getting everything done more of a priority! Enjoy your delish sounding sandwich! I'd never heard of making waffles with left over stuffing...sounds like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete