Thursday, May 18, 2017

Rocky Welcome

Many years ago, when Rick worked as an installer for South Central Bell one of his customers gave him two ancient rock planters.  Rick knew I would love them.  They flank our front steps with rugged beauty.  Our very first step is a hand cut rock from 1927 that was a wedding gift from the groom to his bride.  They built and lived in the farm house on our property.  Not only did he build the house but the barn as well.  When we built our house, Lilly was still living and she loved that we used her stepping stone for our house as well.

Those rock planters are always filled with flowers.  Usually impatiens in the spring and summer and pansies in the fall and winter.  I love that you are greeted with history as you walk up to our front door.  People always comment on those planters.

I took today off.  I missed a few days this month because of the flare up of my menier's but I felt a little extra rest was needed.  Sometimes a mental health day is as important as a physical one.

Tomorrow is Friday, I hope the weekend is full of joy for each of you.  Remember to be kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment