Friday, October 2, 2020

Full Moon Blues

 It was such a beautiful full moon last night.  Taz and I got up around 1:30 am and just sat on the deck for awhile taking in the beauty of the night sky.  These are the times I really miss Rick.

Working this small farm by myself is interesting.  I couldn't do it without the help of Sam, Jordan, my brother Ricky, my nephew Haven and friends.  Even with their help, there is much to do daily by myself. Before Rick passed, he had wanted to get  more hives and buy more property, I am so glad that did not happen.  

Jordan, Sam and I mulched the blueberry bushes yesterday with pine bark nuggets.  Another job off the list, not to be done again until spring.  Yesterday morning my brother Ricky and I picked up the nuggets at the local home center.  Nothing like loading a pickup before 8:00 am and working up a sweat in 50 degree weather.  I am so grateful  for Sam, Jordan and Ricky's help.  

Today a bit more to do with the blueberries and then some work inside the house.  The laundry room is about to be organized!

There have been some difficult times this week.  I thought I might be past the sobbing out loud stage, but I was wrong.  These waves come out of nowhere and often I have no clue  as to what triggers them.

A brand new month, the golden light of fall comes through my windows now.  There are bits of color in the woods.  Geese have honked as they flew south, but there are still some humming birds coming to the feeders.  The bee garden is still in a state of frenzy.  Nights are chilly, days are warm.  The weather is perfect and I miss drinking my morning coffee on the deck with Rick.

No comments:

Post a Comment