Saturday, October 17, 2020

Today

 Streams of golden light filled my living room this morning as I sat and watched the sun come up. A hot mug of coffee warmed my hands, the temps had dropped to 40 degrees last night and Taz sat next to me.

I read a message from a former student, it was a message I needed to see this morning.  I needed that reminder that I had helped someone in the past and they didn't forget.

This isolation is unlike anything I have ever experienced, this grief is unlike anything I have ever experienced.  Together they have created a perfect storm and I am fighting to survive.

Yesterday was three months.  Will I ever stop counting the days, the weeks, the months?  Who am I kidding, will I ever stop counting the moments that Rick has been gone.

Before I get out of bed each morning I make myself think of three things I am grateful for.  I do the the same thing before I go to sleep each night.  I remind myself to take deep breaths and I spend as much time as I can outside.

The guitars sit and taunt me, my paints whisper open us up, they wait, I wait.  I did repaint my front doors this week, just a refresher of the vibrant purple that says I'm still here.

What words of transformation can I give you all today?  Be kind, be kind, be kind.  Wear your masks, wash your hands, keep your distance, vote.  Be kind, be kind, be kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment