Friday, June 14, 2019

All Things Green

I never think about how many potted plants I have until I start tending them.  In the summer when they are outdoors in the heat I often water daily.  In the warm months I usually feed them about every two or three weeks.  That was my task today, feeding my plants.  And yes, I talk with them, encouraging their growth and health.

Some of these plants have been in my family for decades, belonging to grandmothers and passed down to my mom and then to me.  They are my responsibility and a part of my heritage.  I have lost a few through the years, sometimes they just don't make it.

I am thankful for my love of plants.  I am grateful for the green thumb that I seem to have.  I do find wonderful joy in nurturing and watching things grow.  It has been a good Friday.

Enjoy your weekend.  Remember to be kind.

3 comments:

  1. I use distilled water for my indoor plants which belong mainly to one species - the lucky bamboo.
    I buy the water at the pharmacy; it's fairly cheap and it keeps them well and alive. Each plant is in its own tiny container with water and pebbles. No soil and no outdoors. I have some 30-40 individual plants , and I believe in the energy emanated by the water,plant and stones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing well. My house plants are being neglected in summer.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete