Thursday, February 22, 2018

Thursday Thoughts

Today will be my last day of teaching until March 5.  Another round of oral surgery is coming my way on Monday.  I laughed and told my sister I don't mind the surgery so much as I do missing meals with solid foods.  I do love to eat.  But we have a vitamix, lots of recipes for smoothies and soups, I will survive.

Another day with temps in the 80's.  Weather this warm in February makes me nervous.  I can just feel the Gulf of Mexico churning and the Jet Stream building steam.  Both are plotting on where the storms will hit first.  Sorry, we are gun-shy about weather events in this neck of the woods.


A sad day tomorrow, one of our dear friends lost his son this week.  The family is broken hearted and he leaves behind a wife and two children.  They found him in his bed, apparently died in his sleep, probable cause, heart- attack.  Funerals are never how I want to spend my day, but when someone's child dies before them it just seems especially sad.

For our friends who live where the flood waters are raging, stay safe.  I hope you are on higher ground.  May we all know peace and kindness. 

1 comment:

  1. Oral surgery is never fun but I hope it will go smoothly for you. What a sad thing to happen to that young man and his poor family must be devastated. Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete