Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sunday Love

I love Sundays.  I have loved them since I was a child.  I love the fact that usually Sundays are slow and laid back.  Once in a blue moon we do book a gig on Sunday or there is some function to attend.  Most Sundays are for us, the dogs and family.

I have done a little gardening today, washed yoga blankets, lunched with my sister.  All the monsoons we have had for the past few weeks have moved away.  Our grey skies turned to blue today and Ol Sol came out in all his glory.  Those rays felt great on my skin as we walked the dogs this morning.
The biggie, the humidity dropped too.

Sometimes transformations are mundane but wonderful.  After weeks of rain and storms, our day of sunshine has been wonderful.  Of course it is mid-July so the heat will build, that is no surprise.
That is why you wear cotton or linen clothing in the south, nature's air conditioning.

Mid-July, August is already breathing down July's neck.  Someone told me they had already seen Christmas stuff in some of the craft stores.  Please give me a break!  I am so not ready for Christmas  in July, but that seems to be a trend.

On our walks this week,  everything is so lush that it looks like the old technicolor movies.  We now have paths covered in moss. Old trees, rocks, barn wood, there is moss everywhere which I love.
Our massive dogwood in the front yard has moss covering her limbs.  I am not sure if that is good or bad, but it is beautiful.  The picture I shot this morning is of Jordan's favorite dogwood limb to climb.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday night.  May our Monday be uneventful, yet full of joy.

1 comment:

  1. Its' nice that the air is dryer and the rain has stopped. July is really going fast. I'm not ready for Christmas either. Such silliness to have Christmas in July.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete