Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Moments

After my early morning class, it has been a day of rest for me.  It has had its moments.  For the past couple of months we usually went to visit Louis on either Wednesday or Friday.  I woke up this morning thinking I should call Bert or Steve and check on Louis.  Then it hit me, Louis does not require me to check on him any more.  Not an easy moment.

Jordan and his mom are on their way to Auburn for state swim competition.  Louis was proud of him.
He was always telling me to tell Jordan the only person he had to beat was himself.  I called Jordan today and told him how much I loved him, how proud I was of his hard work and then I reminded him of what Louis always said.

Grief is exhausting.  But I have had enough in my life to know it won't kill me.

My cup of hot tea awaits.
Goodnight Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. Yes grief is hard to bear and it is exhausting but in the end it makes us stronger. We slowly adjust even though things will never be the same.

    Hooray for soothing teas.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete