Friday, September 6, 2019

Allergies

I found out this week that I am allergic to my contact.  I have worn mono-vision contact for many years.  ( contact in one eye)  My distance vision is almost perfect, but up close reading gets iffy.
I use readers when I am at home, but teaching yoga, eye glasses are just not for me.
For the past year, I had noticed when I removed my contact at night, my eye would be bloodshot and itchy.  Then a few months ago the bloodshot and itchy became a problem even during the day.

At first I thought I was just picking up eye gunk from where ever.  Then I thought it might be my solution or the fact that on days when I wore the contact it was in my eye way too long.
I called the eye doc this week, and she looked at my prescription and told me that in the past year several of her patients had developed allergies to their contacts.  It was the brand I wear.

Today she gave me daily contacts to wear for a week or so to see how I do.  Tonight, there is a big difference in my eye.  I knew that allergies can develop suddenly.  My oldest sister had eaten peanut butter all of her life and at age 75 became allergic to nuts.  I just never thought about being allergic to a contact.  In the words of my husband, "every day is a school day."

So this transformation information tonight is this...allergies can occur at any time.

5 comments:

  1. Allergies can happen at anytime. It's a good thing that your doctor changed the brand of your contact lenses.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully, I don't have any allergies, but like you say they can happen at any time. Life is full of surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always carry in my bag something anti-allergic (pill or drops), as allergies can happen unexpectedly and completely ruin one's day.
    I never wear contacts but I do sometimes have eye allergy due to dust or computer work. I'm glad that the condition goes away with relief drops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you have the allergy problem sorted. My daughter has had contacts for many years but last year she got an infection in her eye and was close to losing her sight because of the infection as she had them in for too long one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kabtak Chhupa Kar Rakhen Aankhon Me Isey, Ki Aansuon Ka Samandar Ab Sanbhala Nahi Jata.
    Sad Shyari In English Fonts At Poetry Tadkaplay bazaarwebsites new creating ideas satta king Kabhi Ro Lene Do Apne Kandho Pe Sar Rakhkar Mujhey, K Dard Ka Bawandar Ab Sanbhala Nahin Jata.....

    ReplyDelete