Friday, November 9, 2012

Expose and Undo

"Meditation is not a matter of trying to achieve ecstasy, spiritual bliss or tranquility; nor is it attempting to become a better person.  It is simply the creation of a space in which we are able to  expose and undo our neurotic games, our self-deceptions, our hidden hopes and fear. "
- Chogyam Trungpa

I read this quote today, and realized I have so far to go, so much to learn.........it will take much longer than this life time to achieve what I am hoping for.  I reach a point where I think my soul is bare, that all about me is known, that nothing is hidden........I then realize that the surface has only been scratched.  The complexity of being human can be overwhelming.........thank goodness for meditation.

Blessings of peace to all of you tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment