Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Escape

I have always had a very active imagination.  I swear I had tiny fairies as friends when I was a child.
Today as we walked I yearned to follow this magical hole in this ancient tree and escape for just a while, a world gone mad.  When Samantha was small, we watched every episode of David the Gnome and we always looked for them ( the gnomes) when we walked in the woods.

Today Samantha's company ( she has worked for them for over 9 years as a PTA) sent her home, no benefits, no insurance ,nothing.  She is broken hearted, they always told her she was the best.
We will get through this, but I find myself saying every day...the companies who turn their backs on their employees will never get a cent of my money when this is over.  I am keeping a list and checking it twice.  She is not the first this has happened to, almost daily for the past week some one I know has lost their job and most like her were left with nothing.  I know some companies are doing right by their employees, but there is a part of corporate America that has no soul.

Rant over, this too shall pass,

3 comments:

  1. So sorry for Smantha losing her job like that, Most people I know are now working from home. None of my family has lost their jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about Samantha loosing her job with no benefit. I've been thinking about you with your breathing problems and I hope that you are keeping away from the nasty virus.
    Stay safe and well.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for Samantha!
    "...when this is over.". Well,some experts say, the virus is here to stay.

    ReplyDelete