Friday, October 28, 2016

A Good Friday

I spend most of my time caring for others and have done that in some form or fashion for most of my life.  The biggie that I do for myself is a visit to the hair salon every few months.  But, my niece Becky gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure for my last birthday.  Honestly I had forgotten about it, but when I changed purses a couple of weeks ago, the certificate was in the bottom of my old handbag.

Today, I got my pedicure.  I keep polish on my toe nails and I do try to buff the callouses every once in a while, but that is about as good as it gets.  I am barefoot during my working hours and usually at home too.  I had forgotten how wonderful a pedicure can be...and those chairs!  My my!  While the chair rolled the kinks out of my back, and the manicurist massaged my feet and legs I almost fell asleep.  She also polished my nails way neater than I ever do.

So that's it.  A promise made to myself today, a pedicure once a month.  I can't believe how much more relaxed I have been this afternoon and guess what!  My hair stylist will be back at work after having her baby and I am getting my hair done next Friday.  Wow!  I am so spoiled, so pampered.
It has been a good Friday.  Seeing old friends tomorrow evening, this weekend is going well.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. I used to go every month to a pedicure salon (quite a posh one). Several years ago I went to the pedicure salon as usual, and got myself a serious toe infection. No matter how hard they try, these places cannot keep sterile.

    ReplyDelete