Saturday, June 25, 2016

My Place

I often teach a guided meditation that takes you to your safe and peaceful place.  It is always interesting to hear students share about their safe place.  Sometimes it is a real place, sometimes a place in their dreams or a place they dream of going to.  But it is important for all of us to have that place.  A place where we can close our eyes, take a few breaths and be there when life is tough.

I have a couple of those places and one is here at our house.  It is our living space on our back deck.
During the warm months, Rick and I sit and drink out coffee there or on the screen porch.
Sometimes we listen to music, but honestly, I love to sit and just listen to the birds.  I watch the sky, the chickens and the dogs and  for me, all is right with the world.

Sharing a picture of my place, with you all tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Your place has a feeling of openness, quiet, and peace. I can understand why you like it.

    ReplyDelete