Friday, January 24, 2014

Lemon Tree

We have lemon trees, orange trees, grapefruit trees and avocado trees in our great room......none of them have ever bloomed.  Last spring my friend Kaye told me about a lemon tree that would  bear fruit here in North Alabama if I took really good care of it.........I bought one, a Meyer Lemon tree.......I did everything the nursery suggested.

I came home from work a few evenings ago and as I stood at the back door gazing at the sunset, I noticed a sweet smell.......I was so excited I called Rick who was meeting with his publisher.  Our little lemon tree is covered in blossoms, if every bloom represents a lemon.....we will have dozens.......I can make pitchers of lemonade.   As soon as we have lemons you will definitely see pictures.......I feel like a proud momma.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome being able to make homemade lemonade with your own lemons... enjoy it when the time comes :)

    ReplyDelete