Sunday, September 6, 2015

Share

As a yoga and meditation teacher, I am always looking for ways to improve my skills, to help my students. Tonight I started an online meditation class.  It is an unbelievable class, taught by some of the most brilliant minds in the world.  I might be in over my head, but I am so excited and a little scared.

I love being around smart people. Many of my friends and most of my students are extremely smart and I learn from all of them.  I try my best to be a great listener, that is how I learn...listen and watch.

I get so tired of hearing about the dumbing down of America.  I admit that social media plays up ignorance to a hilt, and that it has given voices to some who maybe should listen more and speak less.
But, I know that there are many many smart people who are making major differences in lives every day.  They are the silent majority, they teach, they invent, they develop, they create.

I wish there would be a backlash in this country, that all of us would want to learn, to think for ourselves, to explore and create.  That we would hold in highest esteem those who are smart, who share their talents and abilities with humanity.  That we would question and pursue knowledge and 
practice awareness and kindness.

I will keep you posted on my class.  I will share what I learn.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about people who make a positive contribution. It may be no more than providing a meal for someone who would otherwise go hungry. It might be the young man who helps someone with heavy bags get them up to the porch. It could be the little girl who sees another child at school crying and stops to comfort her. The person who helps jump start a car that will not start, the neighbor who takes a basket of fresh vegetables from the garden to the family next door, the person who sees a dog who has escaped and takes it home. These are all small acts. But they are performed by people who have nothing else to offer but kindness. Good luck in your new online endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in how the class goes. I haven't been able to find anyone to teach me yet, maybe online might be good for me as long as it's for beginners ♡

    ReplyDelete