Sunday, June 24, 2018

Unpected

This was not the Sunday that I expected.  That will teach me.  I had called both my sisters to check on how they were doing this morning.  While I was talking to Nell, the oldest, my brother Ricky's number showed up on caller ID.  I saw it and kept talking to Nell, knowing I would call Ricky when I completed my conversation with her.

The next thing I knew, Rick was at the sofa telling me to get off the phone he had to talk with me.
Seems my brother was on his way to the ER and had called to tell me.  The ER checked his heart out first, and everything was good, they ran several tests, but found nothing.  He will check in with his primary care doc tomorrow.  We all have had tick bites this week, but he has had 3.  I am concerned that muscle weakness in the legs and a tingling sensation might be a signal that he is coming down with Lyme disease.  Please send him good thoughts.

It has been a wacky few days here in many ways.  Hoping things will settle down soon.
This is the last week of June, I hope it is an uneventful week for everyone.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

4 comments:

  1. I'm hoping your brother will be OK. Oh, those dreaded ticks. Be careful.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will definitely keep your brother in my thoughts and prayers. We never know what a new day may bring our way for sure. I'm always so thankful for a normal day. Hope your Monday is good one !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I came over from Rick's blog to find out about the day. This sucks but he is in good hands now and hopefully, he does not have Lyme Disease...keeping my fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to your brother. We have found ticks on our dog this year for the first time. I wonder if the wet weather has anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete