Monday, February 9, 2015

Nila

My best friend Kaye's mom passed away this weekend, quite suddenly.  Her name was Nila and she was like everyone's favorite auntie, who was really cool.  Nila's mom and my mom were cousins and they looked like sisters.......everyone thinks Kaye and I are sisters.  So, best friends and family and for about ten years I worked with Nila at a local dress shop.......she was a  combination, big sister, aunt and second mom and friend.  I loved her dearly.

As I stood with Kaye at the viewing tonight and watched most of the folks who lived in our little town pass by.......I thought, this is what it is about, this life we live........people love us, create memories with us, and grieve for us when we are gone........our lives are entwined with others, and that connection is life giving, life affirming and comfort.

I will miss Nila's calls, her wisdom, her laugh.......I will miss her love for me.......my heart hurts for Kaye, her dad Billy and her brother Dennis, for their loss......my heart hurts for my loss.
RIP Nila.......you will be missed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss Jilda. You are so right too. Life is about the connections we make and the memories we create. May they all be good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please accept my condolences. Nila sounds like one of those extraordinary people who will leave a space that cannot be filled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your loss Jilda. You've lost some nice folks in your life lately. They leave a void that can't be replaced.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete