Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Blowing in the Wind

Rick had a meeting in downtown Birmingham today and since I didn't have classes to teach I went with him. The wind was straight out of the north and the temps were in the 30's.  After the meeting we were walking down the street to our car when a burst of wind moved me, almost picking me up.
I felt like Mary Poppins! I think if I had been wearing one of my long flowing skirts instead of leggings I might have been blown to Atlanta.  It gave new meaning to "Blowing in the Wind."

We are under a wind chill advisory and freeze warning tonight, single digits and another chance of snow and ice Friday.  I got an electronic update from the Farmer's Almanac this morning.......they are gloating.....they predicted this weather back in the fall ( actually their predictions are about two years in advance) while the government weather guys were saying MILD winter.

Hope you are someplace safe, warm and loved tonight.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

4 comments:

  1. It's gotten milder here since I got back home. I'm hoping that it will continue to stay milder. The sky is overcast and we may get some snow flurries.

    Stay warm and safe.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. All we need to do is stay in and out of the wind. We will get through this winter. I hope it is sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminded me of the old Flying Nun TV series! Ha! Take care. It's going to be -14de tonight but our good old wood stove is keeping up and keeping us warm. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like that the Farmer's Almanac is right but I tend to believe them over other predictions... Our Winter hasn't been too much colder than normal but we have more snow that we know what to do with and since it isn't quite as mild as it has been in the past, it seems to stay forever... I am so ready for Spring xox

    ReplyDelete