Monday, February 23, 2015

Alabama Weather

Mother Nature keeps teasing, in the past couple of weeks we have had countless winter advisories.......
I left for work today with clouds gathering in the northwest......Rick sent me a text around 4:00pm and said our porches were icing, maybe I should start for home.  More snow and ice on the way and maybe a snow "event" by Wednesday.  ( 4-8 inches)

I know our friends in the colder climates must chuckle about my weather posts......but here in the south......we are never prepared for snow and /or ice.......now tornadoes and hurricanes, different story.
Snow and ice bring life here to a halt, schools close, roads close and always a run to the local Walmart for milk and bread.

So this week, we are having winter storm advisories and watches......March 1 brings on our tornado season and believe it or not, we have had tornadoes and the aftermath covered in snow.  I have many friends who can't wait for spring, but honestly, I am never in a hurry for spring.......I will take a winter storm watch over a tornado any day of the week.

If we have the snow event I will post pictures!
So tonight, stay warm and cozy, this week should be interesting.
goodnight, sweet dreams

6 comments:

  1. Stay safe Jilda... I would not look forward to tornado watches either...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you Southerners call a snow storm a snow event. For us a snow event would be like a snow sporting event, where a crowd would gather to have fun. lol...

    I'll take a snow storm / event anytime instead of a tornado.

    Spring brings us warmer sunny days and promise of new growth but also risk of heavy flooding in our area.

    Stay safe,
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh but down south snow is such a fun thing, especially for the kids. No school, and some, for the first time in their lives can actually make a snowman. WOW
    Then it is gone and the mud shows up.
    I enjoyed the visit. SWEET.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the seasons and the weather they bring have an appeal. But I would not like to have too much of a "good" thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather has been the talk all over the country. I can't remember a Feb. that's been this cold. One of my brothers lives in Atlanta and they go nuts when they get ice or snow. Frankly, I'd take the snow over ice. I hope you don't get too much crazy weather but if you want a little white stuff I hope it's pretty and I hope it's over quick! We get tornados also...those are truly a fright. I'm glad for my basement during that weather! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that we have different seasons I think if we had the same weather day in and day out it would be boring

    ReplyDelete