Friday, February 20, 2015

A New Path

After I decided last week to stop the infusion treatments that I have been getting for the past three years, I felt a weight leave my body.  I had declared to all three doctors that three years of not only sitting in that green chair, but almost weekly bouts of aseptic meningitis had become so demoralizing I just could not do it any more.

Last Friday my immune doc called ( out of the three, he is the only who called)  he urged me to please reconsider, to not throw in the towel until I had tried one more thing. I promised that I would give it serious thought and Rick and I would discuss it.  I did a great deal of research on what he had suggested.  Monday morning I called his office and told him I would try one more thing.

This next series of treatments will be shots.  It seems that putting the stuff in the muscles does not have the side effects of sending it through your veins.  It will not be a rose garden,  and there is the possibility that I could still end up with meningitis or other side effects........time will tell.
Frankly, I am not thrilled about shots in my stomach, but they can be done at home.  He had mentioned the shots back in November, but he kept looking at me saying things, like you are so thin.

So sometime in the next week or so, I will go down a new  path......I am hopeful and optimistic......
I will keep you posted.  In the words of SNL Gilda R......."it's always something."

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

4 comments:

  1. I've had to give myself shots in the belly at home and it wasn't any more difficult than giving myself shots in the thighs. I had to do both anyway. I was more afraid of wasting the expensive content of the syringe by sticking the needle into a vein at $800.00 a shot and I must admit I was shaking the first time.
    Wishing you good luck and good results.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with this new treatment. I'm glad you have a Doctor that's actually thinking of his patients and taking the time to really try and help and cure. I'll keep you in my prayers that this will be the solution! If not, I also remember Gilda R saying: "Never Mind!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps this will be the treatment you have been looking for. I am keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed...and toes...and eyes!

    ReplyDelete