Sunday, August 1, 2010

Beat the Heat

Rick mentioned this morning that my last few entries had been "heavy". I think that was a just a nice way of saying lighten up, it's 100 degrees outside!
So, I thought I'd share with you all a way to beat the heat. My great nephew, Jordan came over yesterday evening and asked if he could play in the sprinkler. So we hooked up the sprinkler out back, turned it on and WOW.......instant fun, instant cool! Jordan's mom, Samantha and I were blowing bubbles while he ran through the streams of water. Jordan is a very smart two year old and he soon figured out how to control the pressure and directions of the streams, after about three minutes he was shooting water at Sam and I and all three of us got soaked! There were lots of giggles, a couple of slips on the wet grass, and the heat no longer existed.
If the heat at your house is unbearable today, just go hook up the sprinkler, invite a couple of kids over, nibble on Popsicles, and I promise the heat will disappear at your house too!

1 comment: