Monday, August 23, 2010

Why?

I watched the movie, Julie and Julia tonight. It is actually maybe the third time that I have seen this movie. Honestly, it is the reason that I began this blog. Yes, my husband Rick,goaded me
with no mercy, but it wasn't until I watched the movie that I truly understood why someone would blog.

This is a strange way to communicate. Every night, I sit here and pour out my thoughts to the universe. And when I think about that, I think how dare I think that I have something to say that someone would want to read! I know I have a few friends who read it, and Rick reads it, and tonight I ask myself why?

Julie started her blog because she loved to cook, she loved Julia Child, and she wanted to meet Julia. Why did I start this blog? It takes a lot of time, a lot of perseverance and dedication to write night after night. Why did I do this, why am I willing to put my self out there for people I have never met, or might never see again, why am I willing to expose my thoughts and feelings to the world?

I think the big reason, it is the same reason that I write songs.........I want to be remembered.
I am not so sure why this is important to me. But I don't want to be forgotten. I want someone on down the road when I am no longer in this body, to remember words that I have written.
That maybe some of those words helped someone, gave some of you a memory, a feeling of love or hope. Maybe you were down, and I made you smile, or maybe my thoughts on something made you think. Or maybe, you just laughed and thought what in the world is this woman doing and why in the hell is she writing???????

Maybe I am writing this blog, because I can write down what I can't say. It is so easy for me to listen to others, but so hard for me to speak what I feel and think. Writing this blog gives me freedom, the same way writing songs does, to say what I could never speak.

I truly had meant to write something else tonight, maybe tomorrow night. But this is what came pouring out of my heart............why? For whatever my reasons are, all I can say is this........ to those of you who spend your precious time reading my words, thank you. I know that words are powerful, that there is energy in words, that they can cut deeper than the sharpest sword, and they can caress the soul and soothe broken hearts and spirits. My promise to all of you,
my words will be as honest as I know them, and they will always come straight from my heart.
Good night, sweet dreams.

4 comments:

  1. I started my blog because my sister had one and I wanted to see hers and comment on it. She quit blogging, but I found that I enjoy it. Sometimes I'm afraid I'll run out of things to say, but it hasn't happened yet!

    Why does it make me feel good to blog? I have wondered about that myself. I'm not really sure, but it does feel like an art form, like writing songs, dancing or singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you write your blog. It isn't a bad blog, it's a great blog.

    It seems from "next blogging" when I'm daydreaming that a lot of people have some very "important" purpose to blogging; politics, religion, bright and shining perfect life I just have to tell you every itty bitty detail of blog.

    Yours isn't that way and that's what makes it great!

    I keep a journal and I blog. I journal every day with all the details of the day and things I would never put in a blog. After a bunch of words back up in my head, I blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will be remembered. and... your spirit, which touches me, will live through the goodness i can muster up and without a title, a name, will touch countless others. through this we are all connected.
    thanks Jilda

    ReplyDelete