Friday, March 11, 2016

Successful

Tomorrow we celebrate my younger brother Ricky's retirement.  Mostly family and a few of his friends are coming over to eat BBQ and wish him well.   He has worked two full time jobs for as long as I can remember.  He is retiring from our local school as custodian.  He will continue to work with his son in their plumbing business.

He is a good, honest, family man.  He loves a good laugh and a good meal.  He is one of the kindest people I have ever known.  He lives next door and each time I watch him walk up the hill to our house I think it is my dad.  Ricky looks just like our dad.  He and his wife Deb have raised three awesome kids.  His grandkids adore him.

I would call him one of the most successful people I know.  Not a lot of money, but all the right stuff... honesty, integrity, kindness and love.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

2 comments:

  1. Happy retirement Ricky. I hope he enjoys his party.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. A family who loves you and a safe place to live are true marks of success. Happy retirement to Ricky.

    ReplyDelete